Saturday, January 10, 2009

Meeting new Singaporeans Friends :)

It has been an exhausting day; traveling from Bukit Panjang (where our flat is located) to Paya Lebar (where Heart of God Church is, the picture below). Considering the travel distance if I were to compare it in the Philippines, it's like traveling from Tondo, Manila to Sta. Rosa, Laguna. Whoa. However, it may seem really far but with comfy and cozy bus and train rides, no sweat for me.

I met and became acquainted with a lot of Ahia Tim's (the guy on the right) friends in the Church. Surely it has been a blast; literal: kasi naman, sa totoo lang, napagod ang bunganga ko sa kaka-ingles, walang choice eh. HAHA. But on the brighter side, I get to practice my english communication skills conversing with them. Haven't done that in a while. HAHA. I wish I could let you guys see them, but unfortunately -although I brought my brother's camera, I was too timid to take pictures with them. I didn't know why. HAHA. I still have around two weeks more to accomplish that, though.

I just realized as well that I have the weakness of memorizing names, lalo na 'pag Chinese names. Grabe naman ano, Xie Shan, Wu Ling, Tu ling, oh kamusta naman. Kulang na lang Ti Li Ling eh, talagang masisiraan na ako ng ulo. HAHA. Good thing other Chinese people that I've met have their Western names, making things lighter for me, I guess. Teka, ako rin pala kung tutuusin, eh halos may pagka-Chinese 'yung pangalan ko! HAHA. Ponching. Obvious ba? When they saved my contact number, they even spelled my name as Pon Ching. HAHA. Chinese na Chinese ha?

Most of the Singaporeans I've met were also around my age, ranging from 20-24 years old. Although I'm one year younger than them, most of them are on their freshmen year in universities; making them surprised when they asked me which university am I planning to consider. Sabi ko kasi, "I just obtained my bachelor's degree". Whoa. Feeling lang naman, pagbigyan ninyo na. Aside from a longer primary and secondary school curriculum compared to ours, they are also required to undergo two years of national military service(wow!); which explains the age gap when entering a university.

Anyway, after the fruitful service, we ate in the ever famous Singaporean type of our Carinderia, "Kopitiam". While eating and chatting, Marcus, who just completed his 2 year military service and plans to enter law school as well asked me, "what is the difference between the judicial system in Singapore and in the Philippines?" "HUH?" Sa isip ko. Wow. Q and A portion. HAHA. Tapos flashback ---- Naku, paano ko sasagutin to? Naisip ko 'yung mga profs and subjects ko bigla. Sa kabutihang palad, na-convince naman siya sa sinagot ko. HAHA. Sabi niya "wow, you really now what you're talking about." Sa isip ko naman, echos lang 'yun eh! HAHA. WHEW! YEHEY! Nagkwentuhan pa kami tungkol sa Pilipinas atbp. After eating, since most of the are taking up discipleship classes, I decided to go home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMBER OF:

free logo design free logo design